Friday, March 23, 2012

Help us name our baby!

I am almost 32 weeks pregnant, and I'm stressed because we are nowhere near ready. In fact, the only thing I have done for baby girl is buy her one dress.

But one of the biggest points of stress for me is not having a name for her. Ole and I cannot agree on anything. I like unique names, usually vintage-y sounding. I prefer something that is easily recognizable/easy to spell. Ole prefers boring traditional names, especially Bible names. Stella was a good compromise for us. For this baby, I would prefer something a little more unique (Stella is very popular right now).

Here are some names that I am considering (although Ole might say differently):
Penelope (nicknamed Penny)
Colette
Cosette (sounds like CO-zette...is probably my favorite. Ole's not so sure. I love it. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I'd probably nickname her 'Cozy')
Adelaide
Marilla (yup, like Anne of Green Gables)

Here are some names I like but we are certainly not using:
Hazel
Clementine
Amelia (way too popular, but very pretty)

And here are a couple of Ole's favorites:
Grace
Esther
Eleanor

I'd love input!! About the names above and about any other names you might suggest that would fit my criteria. Thanks for your help!

6 comments:

  1. met someone named Melia yesterday.
    Leeanor is one I hadn't heard before...
    Serah (pronounced like sara or sarah)
    Shuah (meaning dell) did you know Kimberly means of the meadow....
    old fashioned Susanna Grace would be pretty.
    Though this is fun, I'm not sure how helpful it is for you.
    Don't forget family names like your great grandmothers... Bertha and Fannie (Fatima) ;D ... Kaye
    You and Ole will find the right one. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite aunt on my dad's side was named Cozette, and she was called Cozy. She was the sweetest dearest woman, so I have very warm fuzzy feelings about that name, plus I just think it's both beautiful and unique. I also like Elenor, which is close to my grandmother's name, Lillie Elenora, who my sister, Lili is named after. Can't wait to hear what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keilah look it up in the bible. Done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. • Roberta = Old German meaning bright fame
    • Eloise = French meaning famous
    • Idunn = Norwegian meaning to renew nature
    • Ida = Old German/Greek meaning hard-working

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read through your lists and the first name I thought of was Evelyn, that you could shorten to Evie. Emerson has a sister named Eleanor and one named Evie. I think Evelyn has a vintage charm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greer = Scottish meaning watchful, vigilant

    ReplyDelete