Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ready or not...

I'm ready...
-to be done with being pregnant!
My pregnancy has been fine, but I'm uncomfortable and oh-so-tired, and I'm ready to be done!

-to meet this baby girl!
I can't wait to see her, hold her, kiss her. We have two cribs and a double stroller, I've packed a bag for the hospital, we've named her...I'm sure there are things we're forgetting, but I just want to meet her.

I'm not ready....
-for labor. Uff da. I don't even want to think about it. Also, my body sure doesn't seem to be ready for labor, since nothing is happening. Six days til my due date, and I'd love for her to come today, but she sure does seem comfortable where she's at.


While we wait, I'm trying to enjoy the short time left we have with Gideon as an only child. He seems to be changing every day. He's getting bolder and more curious by the minute. I can't believe how much a child can change in just half a year...and he's not showing any signs of slowing down! I love him to pieces and have a hard time imagining that I could love another child as much as I love him--is that possible? I guess we'll find out soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. Since you are #3 it's a good thing we parents figure out a way to love each child as much as the first!
    Enjoy the changes in your family each day!
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting days kim! Can't wait to see pics of your new little one:) Oh....I am totally digging the new blog background. Very hip!

    A girl and boy - how PERFECT. I hope they can play together in the PVC/fabric playhouse we used to play in at your parents. That thing was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete