Thursday, September 16, 2010

Life lately has been nothing but babies. Everything revolves around feedings, naptimes, bathtimes, bedtimes.  Ole and I talk about what we find in diapers and debate what sort of schedule will help our kids thrive.

Sometimes it's all quite overwhelming. It's hard to imagine when our next date night will be or if I'll ever spend time with my girlfriends again.

But I am a mom, and I love it.

Gideon amazes me. His smile alone melts my heart, and don't even get me started on his eyes. Adorable, period. He's this close to crawling; he pivots around in circles like a pro and often gets up on all fours. I'm torn between my excitement for his new phase and sheer panic at the thought of having to chase after him.

Stella is our little cupcake. I simply cannot believe that she's a month old. I'm pretty sure I coaxed a smile out of her yesterday. I'm disappointed to tell you that she's losing the hair on the top of her head. I think she'll look like a tiny old man pretty soon, but she's definitely all girl. I think she's kind of a diva. The cute kind. I'm excited to get to know her better in the coming months.


K

3 comments:

  1. I love that you're a mom. I love your kiddos. I love that we're friends. I can't wait to come spend time with you and talk about your kids. You are a blessing and a great mom. HUG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that both you and Ole are parents...you have adorable kids and I think that they are quite special. Things will get easier and quickly. You have a built in baby sitter (well sort of) in Gideon....he'll make sure that Stella is safe. :-) Date nights will happen but they take extra work! (I need to get a date night in!) We love you guys....I think that Stella will totally be a diva (if you aren't gonna let her be on then her aunt might have something to say about it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived near you I would come babysit those adorable babies and you could go on a date!

    Glad you are loving mommy-hood:)

    ReplyDelete