Saturday, February 11, 2012

Playing with oatmeal

One thing Gideon always likes to do after a meal is play with what's leftover on his plate...transferring it to the table or a bowl and back onto his plate. after supper today, we gave him some oatmeal and some scoops and just let him have fun. It was messy, but he sat for a long time playing. I plan on making him (and Stella) a sensory box with colored rice (like on pinterest), and I'm hoping that will be a fun activity for them while ole is in Taiwan next month. And a note on the strainer on Stella's head: every time she helps unload the dishwasher, she sees it and yells 'hat!!' and then wears it for a while. So then back in the dishwasher it goes...it's on a permanent rotation:).

5 comments:

  1. This is so great! It looks like so much fun.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look like you are having fun!....grandma O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. then you must provide the proper attire, Uncle!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gideon,
    Mom was talking about that puzzled look you get on your face when you are trying to figure things out. You are like Bestefar. I still remember when I was in 3rd grade and we started learing borrowing in subtraction. The teacher just told us what to do. That much I understood. But she didn't teach why you should do it at first. I sat there with the puzzled look on my face until someone, I think my dad, explained why you do it. I refused to do something just because a teacher told me to. I wanted to know why.
    So don't be afraid to look puzzled... it is a sign of intelligence ;)

    ReplyDelete