Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 5: Favorite Quote

I just want to say...I'm not a fan of having to choose all of my 'favorites.' It seems so absolute and I'm just not very good at it.

So my favorite quote?

Well, Facebook says that my favorite quote is, "They have koala's here?!?" This is what Krista squealed very excitedly when she saw a sign for a cemetery in Koloa [a town in Kauai]. It said 'Koloa Cemetery,' but she read 'Koala Sanctuary.' I will always laugh at that.

I really like a lot of stuff that C.S. Lewis says, like:


-I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.

-A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic -- on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg -- or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God.

My favorite favorite quote, the one that I would tattoo to my foot [if I ever gather enough courage to get a tattoo] is Psalm 73:25-26:

-Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

So that's my duty for today. Hope you enjoyed.

PS. They don't have koalas in Hawaii.  

 

2 comments:

  1. omg Kim - we have the EXACT same favorite bible verse!!!! I would tatoo it on my foot as well! Ok, I am really excited about this for some reason.

    Thanks for the koala info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets have a tattoo party.
    and i don't remember actually squealing.

    ReplyDelete