Saturday, October 2, 2010

Two Under One: October 1

Yesterday I got this fantastic idea to record pretty much everything I did with my babes.

[After I was about halfway done, I realized that this idea was less than fantastic after all. It was a lot of work and it's really not even that interesting. But, it's my life, and it's my blog, so I'm going to post it anyway.]

Here, for your reading pleasure, is my first Friday in October.

12:09 am: wake up to the sound of Stella crying. Comfort her back to sleep.

3:50 am: wake up to the sound of Stella crying. Feed her.

6:00 am: wake up to the sound of Stella crying. Bring her to bed with me.

7:07 am: wake up to the sound of Gideon crying.  Change his diaper, feed him, cuddle.

7:29 am: change his diaper again, put clothes on him.

7:34 am: eat breakfast! DRINK COFFEE.

8:12 am: contemplate taking a shower.

8:13 am: hear Stella crying. Hear Gideon whining. Postpone shower.

8:14 am: watch Gideon suck on a giant yellow leggo while I feed Stella. Change her diaper.

8:45 am: play with Gideon while cuddling Stella. Be amazed by his ‘almosts’ [he almost crawls and he almost pulls himself up on whatever’s handy]

9:04 am: put Gideon down for a nap. Hand Stella to the babysitter [AKA swing], and shower!

9:14 am: hear Gideon babbling and wonder just how much he sleeps during his naps.

9:27 am: check on my unusually noisy napper. Find him reaching through his crib for a toy that’s juuuust out of reach. Also, he stinks. Change his diaper, put him back down.

9:29 am: listen to Gideon talk/scream some more. Maybe he’s ready to skip a morning nap?

9:45 am: listen to Gideon not sleep  as I put my hair in a teeny little side ponytail. ‘take that, husband who thinks I’m not hip,’ I think. Then I think, ‘yes, this side ponytail goes really well with my spitup-laden jeans and nine-year-old t-shirt. Soooo hip’

9:50 am: Gideon sleeps! Cuddle with sleepy Stella as I enjoy some online window shopping.  Fill my Jcrew.com shopping cart. After a lengthy consultation with my stylist [sister], I decide to be responsible and not complete my purchase. Sad face.

10:43 am: Wonder when Gideon is going to wake up. Seriously. This is not his [my] normal schedule. I’m thrown for a loop.

11:00 am: Gideon finally wakes up. Unsure of whether to give him breakfast or lunch foods, he gets: pears & cinnamon with oatmeal [baby food], more oatmeal, and chunks of cheese. Then I teach Gideon to share his cheese.

11:30 am: I finally change Stella out of her PJs. She’s wearing 0/3 month stuff today. It’s big on her, but adorable. Duh.  Oh yeah and I change her diaper.

11:47 am: change Gideon’s diaper. Gross. [have I  kept track of all of the diapers?]

11:53: Play with Gideon.

12:01 pm: Gideon scoots forward! This is an exciting first. I spend the next half hour trying to coax him forward with various bribes.  He quickly gets sick of this game.

12:30: put Gideon in his command center, have a nice wholesome lunch of Triscuts, change and feed Stella.

1:20 pm: Nap #2 for Gideon, Hulu/snuggle time for Stella and I.

2:30 pm: Feed Gideon a snack: beef & veggies (baby food) plus one piece of wheat bread. Yum.

2:58 pm: Change diapers and attempt to get out of the house. We head to the mall to walk around. Stella protests.

3:52 pm:  In the van, Stella cries while Gideon tries to talk over her. [Quite a chorus.]

4:02 pm:  Hang out in the basement. I contemplate not giving Gideon an evening nap.

4:55 pm: Gideon decides to have an evening nap.  I catch up on this list because I haven’t written anything since 12:30. Seriously, someone better read this whole thing.

5:59 pm: Skype with my parents as I feed Gideon and Stella. Try to get him to crawl for his grandparents. Change Stella’s diaper.

7:01 pm: Give Stella back to the babysitter so that I can give Gideon a bath and a bottle.

7:45 pm: Put Gideon in his crib. Put a Lean Cuisine in the microwave.

8:10 pm: Wash bottles & make formula. [ugh]

8:35 pm: More Hulu/snuggle time. Try to keep Stella awake. Fail.

10:03 pm: feed Stella. Wait and wait and wait for her to fall asleep while she is only interested in giving big smiles.

11:21 pm: give in and put her in the swing to get her to fall asleep.

11:59 pm: I’m still awake, and so is Stella, but this is the end of the day, so it’s the end of my list!




7 comments:

  1. You are seriously awesome! :-) Woo hoo for Gideon scooting....and trying to stand! This is just so exciting to read!

    I wish I were around for Stella snuggle time!

    I fill up online shopping carts too and then sadly decide I don't need it all that much!

    If you aren't hip I wonder what I am? I guess also not hip! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed more while reading this post than I have in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I read the whole thing and I loved reading it.....and I think it makes for one exhausted mama, some happy kids and you have the best and hardest job in the whole world!Love you guys...can't wait to see you this weekend. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the whole thing and now I need a nap. You're uh-maze-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is that I am completely and totally impressed. You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i read the whole thing. and i like that i am your stylist.

    ReplyDelete