Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's Official!

Today we went to court to finalize Gideon's adoption. As soon as we got into the courtroom, Gideon got very calm and just sat quietly on my lap--like he knew something important was going on. The process took all of five minutes. The judge asked us some questions (my dad's favorite was when she looked over at him and my sister and asked if they were the grandparents), and then she said that we were now legal guardians of our son. I got teary at that part. To me, as this day was approaching, it seemed like just a formality. There's really nothing that's changed in our hearts or minds...we've loved him since the day we met him (and even before that). But it's great that everything is official.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Congratulations!

    Kim, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a great day for your family! By the way you look fantastic Kim! Pregnancy suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. first: yay!! second: krista and your dad as grandparents? hilarious... and maybe offensive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO HOO!!! That's SO exciting! I have tears in my eyes! Love you guys and I'm SO excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations you guys, what a happy happy day! I think I got a little teary too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so happy for you. God is so good. Mom and Dad (Grandpa and Grandma O.)

    ReplyDelete