Thursday, October 28, 2010

Two Under One: Cribs

Because our house only has two bedrooms on the main level, Gideon and Stella share a room. In that little room, there is a dresser, a changing table, a rocking chair and ottoman, a bookshelf, and two cribs. Oh, and toys scattered everywhere that's not covered by furniture. It's rather crowded. But it feels most crowded during the night. Now that Stella is on a schedule, it's time to start letting her cry it out--at least, it's time to not rush in there the second I hear her crying. But if I don't go grab her, she wakes up Gideon. I'm not really sure how to teach her to stay sleeping because I'm too busy trying to keep Gideon sleeping. And I don't think she has ever napped in her crib during the day...hmmm.

Does anyone have any insight on my dilemma?

3 comments:

  1. Here's my thought....which is only a thought!! Usually if I can get N to sleep he will sleep through the night no problem but if I have to put M down before N and they are in the same room M will wake up if he hears a sound. So it could be the same thing for G....because he's used to the little sounds he could sleep through them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also from the perspective of the sister who had to share with her sister. As long as the light was off I could sleep through the issues that my sister had if she cried during the night or got sick....I might have looked to see what was going on but never really remember it! :-) It might be rough the first couple of nights (weeks) but then Gideon will get used to Stella noises at night. (Also this is coming from someone who was a LIGHT sleeper!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. start the napping in the crib for Stella during the day (when Gideon isn't napping too) so she can learn to wait a bit before you rush in to get her... Don't know if this will help, but worth a try.

    ReplyDelete